Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Big week for me - I am now both a blogger and a twitterer...or is that tweeter?

At the request of our instructor for Consumer Behavior class, I have created this blog.  I spent 15 minutes typing my first blog, only to have it 'sign me out' and delete everything I wrote...hmmmm.....

I can tell this class is going to be very interesting and thought-provoking, after only one session.  Our discussion today on behavioral research and how our decision making process can be influenced by emotions, peer pressure and/or a yearning to fit in.


We also had a great discussion on how it is human nature to 'judge' people, whether we realize we're doing it or not.  Those split-second thought processes that follow a cursory glance at someone wearing something you like/want can leave an indelible imprint on your internal 'must have' list.


Ernest Dichter was onto something....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your interesting conversation in class -- I'm looking forward to a great semester, too!

    ReplyDelete